Friday, December 16, 2011

G.I.Joe: Retaliation Trailer!

The teaser trailer for G.I.Joe: Retaliation premiered online last Monday. Sorry if I've been late and haven't posted anything this week, but I had finals to finish up. Luckily I am on break and now I can update!
So, this trailer is amazing! As a Joe fan, I am already so psyched for this movie. This one trailer is so much better that 2009's G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra. So first I'll give you some time to watch it...
Done? Good. Now a couple things that I have to just turn the Geek-Out-Meter on for.
1.) More military aesthetic!
Even if Rise of Cobra is one of my guilty pleasures, I already said in my post earlier this year that I had wished for more military influence than...well...what we got.
2.) Realistic, gritty feel.
The desert assault scene in the trailer implies that there will be a hefty amount of casualties. I have always thought that G.I.Joe should have existed in a world where casualties are possible. Sometimes writers try to please everyone by killing one useless character, but this is on the Battle of Benzheen level of death. Retaliation seems to take place in a world where no one is guaranteed safety( but it's a safe bet that Snake-Eyes is safe.)
3.) Cobra actually does something!
In the first film, they put Zartan in office and...everyone else was captured. But not only do they kill many a Joe operative, but they take over the FRACKIN' WHITE HOUSE! Everyone better get ready for Cobra to be a serious threat on the big screen.
4.) Ninjas
Need I say more?
5.) Cobra Commander has is faceplate!
Again, 'nuff said.
And those are only the main things, all week I have been watching and dissecting every last detail. So I am pumped! YO JOE!

No comments:

Post a Comment